I am an Asian Canadian UX Product Designer and Ethical Design Consultant.. I transitioned from four industries simultaneously (9+ years in web design, web development, education, and hospitality), which makes me a Product Dino. I had the opportunity to cater to people's entrepreneurial pursuits to small businesses during my web UX/UI design and development transition.
Available for full-time or new opportunities to collaborate. Currently on a design consulting journey to learn the creative business and grow leadership.
I enjoy designing for customer experience, ethics, social impact, and problem spaces. I am curious about Blockchain/AI tech.
I fell into the UX field when I was at Vancouver's technical school (VFS Digital Design). I unknowingly absorbed UX goodness while I was educating students on how to code websites. What my background brings to UX and product:
- Web Design - Employed usability and visually appealing graphics
- Web Development - Technical know-how to Google and asked for help when needed
- Higher Education - Co-taught design students to learn basic code. Developers are OK. Trick: Figure out how to build that trust with them.
- Food & Beverage Hospitality - Retained customers with conflict resolution and employed satisfactory service. Trick: Feed them with food, enough said..
- General Science - Used the scientific approach for user research and turn data into valid decisions
- Leveled up from Jill of all Trades multidisciplinary generalist to interdisciplinary ethical design for personal, professional, and entrepreneurial development ('11+)
- Collaborated logo design for local NGO that brought social impact to Nepalese children due to the courage of global hiking participants ('20)
- Executed product vision under the design thinking process after acting on cross-department-wide facilitation on how to make VFS umbrella departments known and how to educate students' learning experience ('16 - '20)
- Shipped & serviced large-scale food & beverage hospitality events like Vancouver Winter Olympics ('10), Times of India Film Awards ('13), FIFA Women's World Cup ('15), and HSBC Canada Rugby Sevens ('16+)
...Stephanie is an excellent worker who will get the job done while being an excellent supportive team member. She is reliable and I knew I could always count on her. Staff and students alike would often ask her for help where she gained the rightful nickname "Master Wu"...
- Kyle, Creative TD / Sr. Motion Designer / Educator
See more on LinkedIn for character
... She was able to produce a high quality product in a short time frame. We didn't have any stress seeing the final product and loved her design...
- - Ka Man & Chi Man, Clients
See more on SWU Design Consulting for non-LinkedIn reviews